Monday, January 31, 2011

I will preach for Food!



This  past weekend was exciting! On Friday night I drove to Ridgecrest, NC to speak to a group of High School students on a ski trip. The next morning I preached to them at 9:00am and again at 11:00am. As I finished my message I literally ran out the door, jumped in my car and drove 5 hours to Newnan, Ga. That night I got to speak at a Wildgame Banquet. God moved in a powerful way, and 21 people prayed to receive Christ! Many others made decisions to repent of sin and come back to God! At 9:00pm I jumped back in my car and drove back to Ridgecrest, NC, arriving at 2:00am. Sunday morning at 9:30am I had the privilege of speaking to my High School students again to finish out their Retreat. 3 Students indicated that they gave their life to Christ. About 14 made other decisions to repent of sin and get right with God!
I was sharing with someone about this weekend, and they asked me why in the world would I run and drive so far in one night?  It seems crazy! People actually ask me this all the time, and the answer is simple. I love to preach the Gospel! In December of 2004, we started WSM with very little money and a little bit of faith. Since that time God has provided every need that my family has. Not every desire or want, but every need. We still have very little money, however we have a lot more faith!

As I  closed in prayer on Sunday morning there was a young girl in the second row. She was sitting there with tears running down her face. Tears of joy over the decision she just made.  I thought to myself, "Shoot I will preach for food". It is such a privilege and an honor to tell people about Jesus!

Will you share Jesus with someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment