Friday, January 14, 2011

" I can feel God speaking to me right now!! What do I do!"


One of the greatest encouragements in my life is when I get to hear first hand the stories of how God works in the lives of people. I have so many to share with you, that I find myself having to pace myself. I honestly believe that if we would take time to look around, we would see His daily activity in our lives. He often doesn't get the credit for what He does. His work is dismissed as coincidence or happenstance.  I am here to share, that is not the case!

I am blessed to be able to speak to groups literally across the country, but one of my very favorite places to share is in Florence, South Carolina. You see for me that is where God put a stamp on my life that would forever change my destiny. I graduated from Francis Marion College (now University), and spent some of the best years of my life in the "Magic" city. In the fall of my sophomore year I laid down under a pecan tree at a Fraternity party(another story) and gave my life to Jesus Christ.

Now I am known for being a Men's Ministry speaker, however about 40% of the audiences that I speak to are Students. College students are particularly exciting to speak to because it is such a formative time in their lives. For the last 7 years I have been invited to speak at the Francis Marion BCM. BCM stands for Baptist College Ministry. It used to be called BSU when I was a student. Francis Marion has one of the most successful BCM's in the country, and reaches out to hundreds of students each year.

Now for the Good stuff! Several years ago I was speaking at BCM in Florence, and the students had invited a number of Fraternities and Sororities to attend the event. As I closed my message I invited people who need to make a decision for Christ to come and speak with a counselor and I exited to the side door. As students began to come to the altar, a young lady wearing a sorority jersey followed me into the hallway. I will never forget as long as I live the look on her face. With tears in her eyes she exclaimed in a joyous yell: " I can feel God speaking to me right now! What do I do! What do I do!"
I'll tell you what she did: that night she gave her life to Christ!

(Kendal Danford is the Campus Minister for BCM at FMU. )

1 comment:

  1. Wow Chris! I love that testimony. The last part a had to read to Craig! I couldn't wait for him to finish what he was doing at the moment. So, I was yelling it to him across the room! It's exciting when God speaks!!!

    ReplyDelete