Saturday, January 8, 2011

God puts us where He wants us!

I'm going to share many God stories that have occurred throughout my life, but I thought starting with a recent one is more fitting. My nephew Keenan just completed Basic training in the Army and upon his completion he flew home to Greenville. His intentions were to purchase a one way ticket to Dallas/Ft Worth when time came to report for his first assignment in Korea. As the day approached he realized that his plane ticket was going to be somewhere in the astronomical range, and so I volunteered to drive him to Dallas.

Now I have to tell you that driving is probably one of the only things that I really do well. However, at the same time, I am not as young as I used to be, and driving 16 hours is not as easy as it once was. On top of that my friends opinions of me driving to Texas were colorful to say the least. I was met with phrases like "You are crazy", "Sucker", and "there is no way!".  In spite of their taunts, I had a great time visiting with my nephew, and we got to Dallas with little or no problems at all. The next morning I woke up and dropped him off at the airport and began the 16 hour journey back to South Carolina. That's where God stepped in!

In addition to being a full time speaker, I also serve as the Chaplain for the BASS Elite series for the Fellowship of Christian Anglers Society. As I got about 10 miles outside of Dallas my cell phone beeped. On the other line was the Nutrition Expert for BASS. His voice was shaky as he shared with me that his mother had just suffered a bad stroke, and he felt like he was overwhelmed. I asked him where he was. His reply:" Im in a hospital in Ft Worth Texas!"................. A quick check of my GPS confirmed that I was 35 miles away. I have no doubt at all that God is real, however sometimes He just shows off! I called my wife and told her what happend. We both felt like that if I didn't go to that hospital, I was probably going to be swallowed by a giant fish!

God is at work in our world. Our job is to join him!

No comments:

Post a Comment