Friday, January 7, 2011

Bass Chaplain Blog is Launched!


In 2008, I was picked to be an Observer of the Bassmasters Classic on Lake Hartwell SC. As God would have it, I was paired with Alton Jones who went on to win that year's Classic. During the final day of practice Alton said they were looking to get a full time Chaplain on the tour to run the Fellowship of Christian Anglers Society Meetings. He and BASS pro Randy Howell said that my name kept coming up, and asked if I would be interested. My reply was let me pray about that for 2 seconds-yes!

Well God did lead me to be the Chaplain and in addition to my full time speaking schedule I am the Chaplain for FOCAS. I lead a Bible Study and message time before the Pre- tournament meeting, as well as acting as a pastor to counsel and pray with the Anglers and their families.  God is at work on this trail and it is amazing to be a part of it!

The name "The BASS Chaplain" has become a new title in my life, through my website WellSpoken Ministries you can find more information about my ministry and how to contact me about speaking to your Church, men's ministry, or student ministry.  Through this blog I hope to share the heart of this ministry with you as I recount how our amazing God continues to pursue his people as fisherman, young and old are coming to know Him like never before.

You can also find me on twitter!  I look forward to connecting with you soon!

“Come follow me,” Jesus said “and I will make you fishers of men.” - Matthew 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment