Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Bassmasters Classic



I am currently sitting in a hotel room near New Orleans Louisiana, awaiting the start of the Fellowship of Christian Anglers Society or (FOCAS) meeting. The meeting will be at 4:00p.m. Central time this afternoon at the Riverfront Hilton in downtown NO. Before each BASS tournament, I lead a Bible study for the BASS Elite Series pros, Marshalls, BASS officials, and anyone else who shows up.  Throughout the week I will be sharing glimpses of what happens at Bass Fishing's greatest event with you here on my blog, and today I am going to start with how it all got started......at least for me.

I grew up fishing and hunting on the Santee Cooper lakes in South Carolina, and was blessed to live through the Heyday of the greatest bass fishing in our country! My brother was a part time bass guide, and usually if he couldn't take me fishing, then my Dad could. Some of the best times of my life were spent trying to figure out the (Micropterus Salmoides) or Largemouth Bass! Now when most of my friends were talking about Football stars like Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubach, I had my mind on Bill Dance and Roland Martin!  I am the only kid that I know that memorized the stats of Bass pros. I mean why in the world would I need to know the final day total of Gary Klein's winning weight at Lake Lanier in 1986? (It was 23-13 by the way). It makes no sense at all, until you factor God into the equation.

You see when I was a teenager I thought that I was just memorizing stats for my own enjoyment and personal use. However God knew that one day I would be ministering to the same guys that I admired and memorized fishing stats on! Our Lord has a plan for each life, and when we yield to His will then He will use us for His glory! Have you yielded your life  to His will? He can take the things in your life that you think are trivial, and make them something that He can use.

I hope that you will be in prayer for our meeting today, and check back each day this week for more updates on the Super Bowl of Bass fishing. I'll have some stats for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment