Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Least likely to write a Novel"




I once wrote a paper in High School that was very bad. Now anyone that knows me is aware that I wasn't always the brightest knife in the drawer in my high school academic career. The paper was on the character of Pearl in Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter.  Honestly I just wanted to get it over with, so after plagiarizing a few Cliff notes I handed in my work. My English teacher took the opportunity to teach me quite a lesson. She distributed copies of my paper to the class, and proceeded to teach a "How not to write a paper" seminar that I learned very well. I crossed off being an author from my life's goals that day.

Now I know that wasn't my teachers goal, and as God so often does, He changed my heart on the matter. So with Macbook in hand I am endeavoring to "Pen" my first Christian Fiction Novel. I tell you this because  it is an undertaking that I am embarking on in profound fear and trepidation. They say that speaking in front of people, elicits more fear than even the grim reaper. Not so for me. Writing has always been a nemesis that brought out my deepest anxieties.  So with that said I want to ask you to pray for me as I start this journey.

My goal is write a book that will reach out to the people that I identify with most. Common Sportsmen and Fishermen who as Pat Conroy wrote: "Grew up in love with the shape of Boats". My hope is that men will be entertained, inspired and even challenged to live in an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.

 I covet your prayers for the man that should have been voted least likely to write a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment